About this blog
September 5, 2013, 10:04 pm
Filed under: - About Us
, - Change Execution
, - Organization Change Management
, - People Change Management
, - Strategy Execution
| Tags: Change Management
This is a blog about Strategy Execution and all of the disciplines that comprise it. It is about Leadership, Planning, Organizational Development, Change Management and Project Management. It is about mindsets, methodologies and capabilities.
It is about implementing change and driving ROI to the bottom line.
It is intended for:
- Boards of Directors and Leaders who wonder “what on earth happens to the great strategy that we pipe into the top of the organization?”
- Program, Project and Change Management practitioners trying to manage the weather systems of change raining inside the organization
Every professional who has undertaken a daunting strategy recognizes the high organizational, and personal, risk. A recent study, “Why Good Strategies Fail: Lessons for the C-Suite“, from The Economist Intelligence Unit pegs the failure rate at 44%. Yet success is entirely feasible for those who prepare, deliver and follow through with discipline.
And, more good news, there are innovations in execution that many organizations have only just begun to tap into.
continue reading here
New copyright license on Change Whisperer
After considering all issues in the “Stolen: Change Management. Reward Offered” series, I have decided to very clear about the licensing of content here on Change Whisperer. I am implementing a Creative Commons license  for this website and all of the content I have produced here to-date and going forward. Here it is:
Change Whisperer by www.gailseverini.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License.
continue reading here
About Me—Gail Severini
Welcome! I am the author of this website and I write it to share what I have learned on my own journey. I hope that it is helpful to you on yours.
There are three main reasons why I do this. I believe:
- We stand (and fall) together: When our organizations are more successful at Strategy Execution, our communities thrive. I see a direct, compounding link here. We all make a difference.
- This work is hard and “can” is not a constraint: I have spent about half my career as an external consultant and about half inside of businesses making change happen. I understand the tension between “we should do this” and “we can do this.” I believe that the combination of deep capability, experienced insight and personal tenacity can drive more “can.”
- Humility is powerful: No matter how good we get, we can all be better. I am a practitioner on a journey toward mastery with like-minded colleagues, like yourself. Our capabilities can expand as innovations advance—if we are open to learning. Writing this blog is a part of that journey—capturing information, figuring out its relevance, and sharing and discussing it.
The material here, unless otherwise cited, reflects my own experience and opinions only. For greater clarity, I do not represent my current clients or employers – I speak only on my own behalf. continue reading here